OnePlus 5T was officially launched a couple of hours ago. The phone houses specs similar to the OnePlus 5 except the new 6″ Optic-AMOLED display and a new pair of dual lens cameras.
Even though not enough time has passed since the launch of the latest device, an Unofficial build of TWRP recovery for OnePlus 5Y has already been released and it works like a charm. The recovery was made using OnePlus 5’s TWRP build and repacking with the 5T’s kernel.
The recovery has all the options working like wiping data, flashing ROMs, taking back-up etc. If you are excited to tryout the un-offcial build, then follow the below guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5T.
How to Install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5T
- Unlocked Bootloader
- TWRP recovery
- Make sure your phone’s bootloader is unlocked. (You can unlock it using fastboot oem unlock command).
- Navigate to SDK folder/fastboot folder on your PC and paste the download TWRP recovery there.
- Enable USB-debugging on your device. (It will be enabled since you unlocked the Bootloader)
- Connect your phone to PC.
adb reboot bootloader
- When the phone reboots into bootloader, type:
fastboot falsh recovery [recovery name].zip
- Now reboot your phone by typing:
Congratulations! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5T. Enjoy!